The St. Francis Arts Center hopes to see everyone at the annual St. Francis Day Festival. Hosted by St. Francis Episcopal Church, this year’s celebration will include an arts and crafts fair, games, horse rides, inflatables, and animal blessings as a part of the family friendly festival. The St. Francis Arts Center gift shop will be open during this event, and the Arts Center staff will conduct tours of the Center at 11am and 3pm. Admission to the festival is free, although the church will accept donations to support local outreach ministries, which include Loaves and Fishes, Daybreak, and the Macon Volunteer Clinic.
“The St. Francis Festival grows out of a desire at St. Francis Episcopal Church to better serve our community,” said Joseph Whidby, lead event planner. “In the spirit of our patron saint, we want to be a voice of service, compassion, unity, and love to those around us. The festival is our way of making our circle wider and getting to know our neighbors.”
The Festival begins Friday evening with a concert, and continues on Saturday from 10am-3pm. All are welcome!
See below for the full schedule of events:
8 p.m. Friday, October 4
• Concert featuring blueskyblue – Bring lawn chairs or blankets. Attendees are welcome to bring food and beverages.
10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, October 5
• Arts and Crafts Fair – Local artisans will sell their wares – jewelry, soaps, sweet treats, and more – on the church lawn. The St. Francis Arts Center gift shop will also be open, and tours of the Arts Center will be held at 11am and 3pm.
• American Red Cross Blood Drive – Give the gift of life while enjoying the festival.
• Kid Friendly Activities – Games, horse rides, inflatables.
• Animal Blessings – Have your beloved pets blessed by St. Francis clergy.
• Food, soda, and water will be available for purchase during the festival.